Mini kettle is used for tea or hot beverage preparation, suitable for hotel guest rooms & suites, pantry rooms in hospitals and office buildings, staff accommodations, domestic use, etc, see Fig.20.5 & 20.6
Fig.20.5 Plastic mini kettles - EMIDE – GERMANY
Fig.20.6 Stainless steel mini kettles - EMIDE – GERMANY
· Material: stainless steel electric element, plastic or stainless steel water container.
· Electric power; around 1 KW/liter volume, higher power means quicker water boiling.
· Capacity in liters (1-2 liters).
· Wired or cordless type (in cordless type jug is connected to kettle base with bottom pin for easy removal).
· Should have ON/OFF switch, signal lamp, thermostat control & no water cutout.
· With or without lid lock.
· With or without lime & dirts filter.
· With or without level indicator
· See next example.
As shown in Fig.20.6, a Mini tea kettle with the following features; stainless steel water container, stainless steel heating element, 1.7 Liters capacity, ON/OFF with automatic disconnection from the mains supply on removal of the kettle from the base switch, control light, boil-dry and overheat protection and lid lock (only one hand required to unlock the lid), 360° base with mains connection and cable storage, black, white or blue frame color, high speed boiling through 1.8 KW element, model (WK 676), manufactured by “Emide” – Germany. (See manufacturers' directory for more information about this company).