Mini bars (Fig.20.1.1) are small capacity refrigerators that employed in pantry room in hospitals & office buildings, hospital in-patient rooms, hotel guest rooms, staff accommodation rooms, army camp rooms, etc.
Fig.20.1.1 Mini bar - DOMETIC – SWEDEN
· Materials; plastic, wood, enameled steel or stainless steel casing, plastic internal cabinet, plastic coated steel or stainless steel shelves.
· Capacity in liters (commonly 20 to 60 liters).
· Desired color & decorative front panel (Fig.20.1.1).
· Ordinary or glass door (Fig.20.1.2).
· With or without door lock (key, touch display or magnetic card operated).
· With or without possibility of door conversion (right or left hand opening).
· Internal arrangement; drawers, adjustable shelves, etc.
· Cabinet recessed (built-in) or free stand type.
· Stationary with adjustable feet or mobile.
· With or without freezer chamber.
· With or without ambient compartment (ambient or un-cooled compartment is used to hold un-cooled snacks such as; chips packs, sweets, etc, see Fig.20.1.3).
· Type of refrigeration (compressor operated or absorption type; compressor operated is the common refrigeration type for all refrigeration equipments. Absorption type is a special refrigeration system uses ammonia as a refrigerant, without compressor or condenser fan which means no noise. Absorption type is recommended for mini bars because of noiseless operation which suit the requirements of hotel guest rooms, patient rooms, offices, etc, see Chapter 1 – Simple engineering basics for more information about refrigeration systems).
· With or without automatic defrost.
· With or without usage sensor (for hotel mini bars, its function is to give signal to hotel reception when guest uses mini bar. This sensor has different types, Dometic system depends on door opening, just door is opened, a proximity switch located underneath of the mini bar send signal to reception, see next example).
Fig.20.1.2 Mini bar with glass door - DOMETIC – SWEDEN
· With or without leak detection sensor (an electronic sensor depends on internal temperature and shut off mini bar in case of ammonia leak).
· See next example.
Fig.20.1.3 Mini bar with ambient compartment - DOMETIC – SWEDEN
As shown in Fig.20.1.1, a Mini bar with the following features; metal casing with choice of 3 colors (tangerine orange, white, and anthracite), available for free stand or built-in installation, 37 liters capacity (volume), variable door racks, adjustable inner shelves, reversible door opening (left, right hinged), changeable outer door front panel, everlasting lighting with Infra-red door sensor, electronic temperature control (Fuzzy Logic) with automatic defrost, 65 Watts power at 230 Volts, 0.8 KWH/day energy consumption at 25 °C ambient temperature, dims 580 x 422 x 450 mm (free stand) and 540 x 422 x 440 mm (for built-in version), 17 kg weight (free stand) and 16 kg (built-in), model (DS 400), manufactured by “Dometic” – Sweden. (See manufacturers' directory for more information about this company).